Frequently Asked Questions for the Start of the School Year!
Many of you have questions regarding the start of the new school year and that is fantastic! If you can't find the answer to your question here, please email email@example.com or ask it on our Facebook page! Please note that these answers apply to the High School. Any questions for the elementary must be sent to the elementary office.
Sapphire will reopen once the add/drop period at the high school is over. Usually the second or third week of school.
Students in grades 8-12 will receive their schedules in their welcome back bags when they go to their assigned locations on the first day.
We’re going to try to give cases to anybody who got recent Chromebooks 10th through 12th. Cases for K through ninth graders will be delivered in a few weeks (back ordered) and we will distribute them to their homeroom with nametags to go home. Seventh through ninth graders who are now 1 to 1 will need to carry them to and from school safely on their own.
Still Need a Chrombook?
Please contact the HS Office to set up a time to get your chromebook!
Student Actvities and NOLA
Students enrolled in NOLA may still participate in MV actvities. Please contact group advisors with specific questions.
Thursday, August 27th is the first day of school for Group A (A-Le).
Friday, August 28th is the first day of school for Group B (Li-Z).
There will be no online portion for those two days.
Yes! Lockers have been reassigned so they are no longer in alphabetical order. Students will be able to use their lockers and have some distance between their neighbor.
We will continue to run a 6 day cycle.
August 27 - Day 1
August 28 - Day 2
August 31 - Day 3
September 1 - Day 4
September 2 - Day 5
September 3 - Day 6
Do virtual sessions have to be completed at a certain time? Do we have to log in at a specific time?
You will not need to log in at a specific time during the virtual days. You must complete the assignments given to you by your teachers based on the due dates/times they assign you.
MV is awaiting the final decision from PIAA which will come on August 21st or 22nd. If PIAA agrees to continue fall sports, all coaches will be approved on Monday, August 24th and practice will begin on Tuesday, August 25th. All sports physicals must be completed before the first day of practice.
Gym classes will continue with proper procedures in place for protecting the students.
All chromebooks will need to be carried to and from school each day for use in the classroom. Please be sure to charge your chromebook the night before as there will not be charging stations in the classrooms.
Daily schedules of what students attend each day as well as votech are listed on the district and high school homepage calendars. For a quick how to, please click here...How to access and print the calendar.
On the days that Vo Tech is not in session, Vo Tech students will have virtual days at MV. For example, if Vo Tech does not have class on Wednesday, then the students who attend both will be virtual for MV that day.
Each Morning - Check your children!
To help control the COVID-19 virus and keep our school safe, we are asking that you please check your children for any symptoms of COVID-19 in the morning before sending them to school. Please keep your children home if they have one of the following symptoms: fever (100.4 F or greater), cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, OR two of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, new loss of smell or taste, muscle pain, nausea/vomiting, headache, diarrhea, fatigue. Also, please keep your children home if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Please notify the school nurse if you are keeping your child home so that she can confidentially assist with any further steps that need to be taken.
- Worn on all the school buses and car contracts by all students to and from school. Masks will be provided for students on the bus by request.
- Worn as the students enter the school buildings and must be worn throughout the school day.
- Worn in hallways at all times during transitions.
- Worn in classrooms at all times except the following:
- Removed while eating or drinking. Maintain 6 feet of social distance while eating or drinking.
- Removed during scheduled “Mask Breaks” provided for students throughout the day.
- Removed if outside AND 6 feet or more of social distancing is in place.
- Request a mask break at any time. Mask breaks included in the daily schedule and several designated mask break areas are available.
- Heat Day: if the heat index in combination with the relative humidity is highly likely to cause extreme heat and breathing discomfort for faculty, staff and students, the students will transition to remote learning on that day. These “Heat Days” may be called the day/night before. Early dismissal may be chosen as an option due to extreme heat.